Friday, May 13, 2011

Ran Today

It was pretty warm earlier today, but as sunset came about, it dropped into the 60s. I didn't get home until 8 pm or so, so I went running in the dark. My mom went walking with me (and ran a bit), and I ran for a little bit. After about 30 minutes, my stomach started hurting (I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, so it likes to periodically just freak out), so I had to quit and go inside. I ran solidly for nearly 4 minutes before I had to stop, which was just short (like 30 feet short) of .4 miles, or my entire block. :) I'm so proud. And excited. Hoping to go running again tomorrow, and to actually make it.

Where was my usual running partner, you may ask? Well, Joseph's knee has been hurting since Wednesday. He had basically everything torn or injured a few years ago, and so it frequently gives him issues to some degree (pops often and painfully), and after it happened, he was told he would never run again. Well, he proved them wrong, and he now runs and does Irish dance. But anyway, it randomly decided to be painful on Wednesday, and he decided to dance at practice anyway. So, he could barely walk on it Wednesday night and Thursday, and today, he's walking normally, but it's not up to running par yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Shins are still hurting some, but tolerably, and not usually during normal daily activities. I take ibuprofen about 30 minutes-1 hour before I go running and ice them afterwards. It seems to be helping. So we'll see. :)

Oh, and I found those Clif Bloks at Wal-Mart today. Only $1.76, so my mom bought 4. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment