Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pushing Myself

Yes, I probably am. But I'm notorious for doing that. It's just about the only way I survive sometimes. The whole 'The Little Engine That Could' mantra, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..."


We went around the block 4 times today, which is about 1.6 miles. I think it was 4 laps, anyway. It was hot when we went running today, but there was a bit of a breeze. But to give some scope, it is 4 pm and 85*F. In the sun on asphalt, that is pretty hot. My thighs kind of hurt, but like I said, I pushed myself today. We ran my .2 of a mile, and then kept going a little bit, so it was probably closer to .25 or .3 miles. All I had to do was stop and tie my shoelace. It came undone. We didn't time that "lap" though. Didn't time anything today. Then we walked for a while, until I was breathing decently again, and ran from one stop sign to another, which is probably about .1 miles. Then we walked again (although Joseph may argue that what I was doing could scarcely qualify as walking). Then we made a run from what I've named "Chihuahua Corner" to home. I call it chihuahua corner, because there's this house there with these 2 chihuahuas who bark incessantly as we go by. It doesn't matter the pace, they are running, barking, and jumping. Thank God for fences. Anyway, according to Google Maps that's about .2 miles as well. But it's less than my first .2 miles because that's from Chihuahua corner to the stop sign. The last run from Chihuahua Corner was only to my driveway.


Okay, played with Map my Run. The run from Chihuahua Corner to the stop sign in .23 miles. The run we did today from Chihuahua Corner to the back corner is .31 or .32 miles. From the top of the hill to the stop sign is .14 miles. And the Chihuahua Corner to home is .19 miles. :)


But my God, was it hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment