Thursday, May 5, 2011

No Running Til Monday-ish

Yesterday (Wednesday), we didn't go running because we had swim class in the morning (~1 hour), and dance class in the evening (~2 hrs). Given all of that, and the fact there wasn't really time, we decided to not run yesterday. My shins are hurting, so running has actually been put off until likely Monday. I don't need to run and aggravate things when I have a dance competition on Saturday, and we're driving back home Sunday, so there's not a ton of time to run there either. So a few days of rest for my legs, which I suppose I need to incorporate any way. But you know how it is when you first start something. You want to go and do it and do it and do it, forget resting. Yeah...usually doesn't work so well.

Today is Joseph's 24th birthday. Happy birthday, Joseph! He's my running buddy, and since he'd had his shoes for 3-4 years, I bought him a new pair for his birthday. He found them, tried them on and all on Friday when we bought my shoes, so I knew exactly what he wanted. So I went and got them. :) So now, he has new squishy running shoes. Should be much more comfy than his old shoes.

I've been told that my next major investment should be a running bra. The place I normally buy (as in twice now) running stuff carried Moving Comfort. Has anyone ever used this brand? What did you think? The people at Go! Running kindly encouraged me to come back some time and try them on and figure out when one I like.

Another thing I'd like to try is compression socks. I've heard they can help with shin splints. Sadly, like everything good, they're pretty expensive, so that purchase is being put off a bit. Anyone ever used compression socks? If so, what kind?

1 comment:

  1. Moving Comfort bras are the best. I wouldn't waste money on any other kind. Their online site has a virtual fitting room. Very helpful.

    I have the Zensah leg sleeves. I like that I can wear them with my Injinji toe socks. Keeps me from getting blisters on my toes.

    ReplyDelete